- . "Araby." Story. In The Arnold Anthology of British and Irish Literature in English. Ed. Robert Clark and Thomas Healy. London: Arnold, 1997.
- García Landa, José Ángel. "Linkterature: From Word to Web. Or: Literature in the Internet - Internet as Literature - Literature as Internet - Internet in Literature" (July 2006).
- Arnold, Matthew. "Pagan and Christian Religious Sentiment." 1864. In Arnold, Essays, Literary and Critical. London: Dent; New York: Dutton, 1906.
- Shakespeare, William. The Tragicall Historie of Hamlet Prince of Denmarke. By William Shake-speare. As it hath been divers times acted by his Highness' servants in the City of London: as also in the two Universities of Cambridge and
- . "Marxist Literary Criticism." In Contemporary Approaches to English Studies. Ed. Hilda Schiff. London: Heinemann, 1977. 94-103. Rpt. in Sociological Review.
- Bradbury, Malcolm, and Howard Temperley, eds. Introduction to American Studies. 2nd ed. Ed. Malcolm Bradbury and Howard Temperley. 1981. 2nd ed. London: Longman, 1989.
- Adorno, T. W., ed. Verhandlungen des 16. deutschen Soziologentages vom 8. bis 11. April 1968 in Frankfurt. Spätkapitalismus oder Industriegesellschaft? Stuttgart, 1969.
- Benzon, William L. "Pursued by Knowledge in a Fecund Universe." Journal of Social and Evolutionary Systems 20.1 (c. 1996): 93-100. (Rev. of John Horgan's The End of Science).
- Abir-Abn, Pnina. "Themes, Genres and Orders of Legitimation in the Consolidation of New Scientific Disciplines: Deconstructing the History of Molecular Biology.
- . Epic of Evolution: Seven Ages of the Cosmos. Illust. Lola Judith Chaisson. New York: Columbia UP, 2006.* (Foundation for the Future's Kistler Book Award for the best science book of the Year).
- . A History of English Literature. 2nd ed. (Palgrave Foundations Series). Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan, 2007.* (Part 1: Medieval; Part 2: Tudor and Stuart; Part 3: Augustan and Romantic; Part 4: Victorian Literature to 1880 [sic,
- Espinosa, Miguel. Las grandes etapas de la historia norteamericana (Bosquejo de una Morfología de la Historia Política Norteamericana). 1957. (Rpt. As Reflexiones sobre Norteamérica).
- Raber, Karen (U of Mississippi), and Ivo Kamps, eds. Measure for Measure: Texts and Contexts. (Bedford Shakespeare series). Houndmills: Palgrave, 2004.
- , ed. "The Purloined Letter." By Edgar Allan Poe. In The Purloined Poe: Lacan, Derrida, and Psychoanalytic Reading. Ed. John P. Muller and William J.
- (English poet, son of John Milton, London musician and scrivener; st. Christ's College, Cambridge, BA 1628, MA 1632; turned vs. Anglicanism, then private study at father's house in Horton, Buckinghamshire; tour of Italy late 30s;